Shawna's Reviews > Silver Falls

Silver Falls by Anne Stuart

4 stars – Romantic Suspense

If ever there was a heroine worthy of winning an award for being the most clueless, oblivious, in denial, stupid, and choke worthy female, Rachel from Silver Falls would definitely be top in the running. Good lord, but the woman’s idiocy drove me absolutely ‘throw the book across the room’ flippin’ nuts.

Oh yeah, and throw in an uber creeptastic, psycho serial killer villain who strangles then rapes his victims post mortem and a classic Stuart gamma anti-hero for the romantic lead, and you get this totally dark, eerie suspense thriller. But it actually works, mainly due to Anne Stuart’s crafty writing and because despite some imperfections, it’s still a gripping and entertaining read. 4 stars.
15 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver Falls.

09/24/2009 page 140
37.14% "Could the heroine be any more oblivious to the blatantly obvious?" 6 comments
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Dina (new)

Dina Nice review, Shawna! I thought you had given up on writing a review on this book, considering it's been a few days since you finished it.

Funny thing about the stupid heroine... I'm currently reading an oldie by Anne Stuart and, although I'm still halfway through the story, the heroine has alreay had several TSTL moments. Even so, I can't make myself dislike her and I'm enjoying the story. I guess it's all in the writing... :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) My sister had a similar experience with this heroine, Shawna. She actually picked up the book on random and couldn't put it down. She actually called me to tell me this. I've encouraged her to write a review since she's on GR but isn't a fanatic like someone who will go unmentioned.

message 3: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Reveiw Shawna!

*hands Rachel her idoit award before she gets killed*

message 4: by Shawna (last edited Oct 01, 2009 03:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shawna Dina wrote: "Nice review, Shawna! I thought you had given up on writing a review on this book, considering it's been a few days since you finished it.

Funny thing about the stupid heroine... I'm currently read..."

Thanks Dina! LOL! I just couldn't think of anything to write other than how annoyed I was by the heroine! :)

message 5: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Awesome review Shawna! I probably won't bother reading this one, but I get a kick out of everyone's comments about the heroine. :D

Shawna Thanks Danielle! Fanatic, who?!?!?

Thanks Rane! LOL, give her the award, quick! :)

Thanks Tammy! :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Well I can only speak for myself, but I spend waaaayyy to much time on GR. I need to actually spend more time reading my books that I have.

Shawna Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Well I can only speak for myself, but I spend waaaayyy to much time on GR. I need to actually spend more time reading my books that I have."

I'm definitely a fanatical GR addict! LOL! I sometimes feel like I spend more time on here talking about books than actually reading, but I absolutely love it!!!! :)

Auntee Rachel was a bit of an idiot, wasn't she? Her daughter had more sense than her!:)

AgentScully I really liked this book. No matter that the villain was obvious and the heroine oblivious, it was so compelling I just had to turn the page. That's some talented writing, right there!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) That's Anne Stuart for you, Scully.

Shawna Yep, Rachel's daughter was definitely the sensible one in that relationship!

It's true that Anne Stuart is a talented enough writer to keep you hooked, even with a super annoying heroine and some plot holes.

message 14: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae I love Anne's uber heroes, but her heroines are sometimes way TSTL for my tastes, too.
Great review, Shawna:)

Shawna Thanks, Daisiemae! :)