Chanelle's Reviews > Stargirl

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

Apr 11, 2009

liked it
Read in April, 2009

This was a fun read and I found many parts of myself in it. I was once different (but never to the extreme that Stargirl was ;) ), but have conformed from years of ridicule and being the blunt of jokes. It has only been very recently that I've been trying to gain some of that older self back and I am grateful for this book at this time. I can and will be true to myself and not let others influence what I find important and interesting!

Some fun side notes~ I'm from Tucson and could understand running through the desert, dancing with the saguaros and barrel cactus. I've actually done it :) I've hiked to the top of peaks and sang Native American songs out over the desert. I even had many enchanted places that I would take boyfriends to. My nickname in high school was Mockingbird because I knew all the birds and their songs and would call to them (sometimes they would call back!) I think it is time to find those moments again. I was so much more in tune with who I was.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stargirl.

06/13/2016 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy What a beautiful (and profound) review! I'll have to mark this as a "must read".

Kayla I can totally agree with you about, being different just not all that different. So I could relate to this book to. I have a question for you to. Did you find yourself able to connect to the bully type of people to? Like I did because I'm totally like them when I see someone that's out of wack that is not mental and is just strange. Good comment

Kayla The bird thing is pretty cool but also weird in away. Yes you should have fun no matter what anyone says or thinks.