Steen's Reviews > The Dragon Queen

2207539
Apr 10, 09

bookshelves: fantasy-sci-fi, didnotfinish
Read in September, 2006

This was a did not finish book for me.

So after reading about 185 pages of The Dragon Queen by Alice Borchardt I have decided to thrown it down and stop reading. I thought I would like it being about Quinevere and all but I hate it. It's not like the Arthur legends I've ever known. But that's not really even it though. I could handle a different take on the stories ( I still have yet to read any books about Arthur that are out there that are more well known) it's just the way she has written it. She jumps from one place to another and it's like when did that happen? Also sometimes when there are a few people talking 'she says...' your like who is talking? Which one is saying what. UGH. I hate not finishing a book but I really can't continue to read it anymore.

Having said that I really have no urge to read Bequiled which is also by her. I read the first in that series and while it was better written then The Dragon Queen I really don't love the characters in the first book to continue to read the second one anymore. Not after trying to get through The Dragon Queen and hating it. It's sad but yeah. I love Anne Rice's books and hoped that I would equally like her sister's books. But I guess they are just not for me.

I've read reviews on these two books and it sounds like her werewolf books are pretty good but I think I may wait a while to even attempt to try those ones.

So now its off to the library today to pick up some more to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dragon Queen.