Gary's Reviews > The Gunslinger

The Gunslinger by Stephen King

2190708
Apr 10, 2009

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gunslinger.

message 1: by T.D. (new)

T.D. McKinnon Sorry, Gary, as much as I love his writing, I could only see two stars in this one.

Gary Have you read the whole series? I have. I think it's great.

Wordsmith Me too Gary... I have to agree with you, this series is a keeper. I have the newest (what a pleasant surprise) one on my I-Pad, patiently waiting for me. Have you read "Wind in The Keyhole" yet? I think that's it.

Gary I have a hardback copy of it.....not read it yet.....I started buying all of King's books in hardback, when It was published in the 80'.

Wordsmith I have the large paperbacks. They still have the great art work. For the longest time, I had "Song of Susannah" in the pithy little (long-big) paperback, and it looked horrible on my shelf. Finally, I was able to match it up, and I was happy again. lol. My favorite part of the series was the "flashback" to Roland's younger days, with Cuthbert, Alain and "whoozit." Oops. And his romance with young Susan Delgado. He (King) captured that brilliantly, though he said in one of the afterwords, he was concerned about being able to capture the essence of that "first love" I thought he did a stand-up job. With this one, he went further in explaining, to us, more about Roland-The Man, than any of the others.