Gabriele Wills's Reviews > Search the Dark

Search the Dark by Charles Todd

Apr 10, 09

bookshelves: mystery

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Search the Dark.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I couldn't find this series on the book shelf for Between the Wars. Is there a way to add them?

Gabriele Wills If you go to the bottom of the bookshelf, you can click on the "add books" button and go from there. Some of Todd's books are, strictly speaking, still set during WW1, but others after the war.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read the first 3 Ian Rutledeg books and they are all after the war, with flashbacks, of course.

I was hesitant to push the "add to the group reads button". If I mess this up, maybe you can repair any damage I do! :)

message 4: by Gabriele (last edited Nov 12, 2009 07:40AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gabriele Wills You'll be fine, Jeannette.

Odd that I thought the early books were still set during the war. So much for my memory! I heard that he's coming out with a new series that I think is set in the 20s, and sounds really interesting. Charles Todd, by the way, is a pen name for a mother-son writing team from the US.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Gabriele wrote: "You'll be fine, Jeannette.

The series begins with Inspector Rutledge home after the war, shell-shocked, with Hamish in his head. I did know about the mother-son team. I need to pick up the series again sometime; I read the first four boooks. I liked them, even though they leave too many loose ends from book to book.