Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Demon Hunting in a Dive Bar

Demon Hunting in a Dive Bar by Lexi George

Jan 31, 13

This 3rd installment in the Demon Hunting saga of Hannah Alabama looks to be better than the last outing. The fact is that it starts better, already had my interest captured after a few pages is not a bad joke of Southerners is always a plus. Starts out with Tommy the Zombie (nope, I don't make this stuff up) who is turned into a zombie by the Zombie master Evan to recon the "bar" and it only gets better. I was a small bit disappointed at the last one book but considering that Demon Hunting In Dixie was one of the most entertaining things I read in years. This one looks to be equally entertaining although a small bit more serious.

The best parts of the book are going to be the interaction between Beck and Conall since they have the best case of love/hate going I have read in a very long time :) The conversations are approaching the ones in Demon Hunting In Dixie which were roll in the floor funny.

This has a bit more Urban Fantasy feel to it although the trappings for romance are still there but first there are some serious bad guys happening here and our Hero and Heroine are in a life a life and death struggle, truly much better than the last outing and a bit more serious than Demon Hunting In Dixie while retaining that humorous flavor.

I really enjoyed the urban fantasy flavor of this book (if you can call ANYTHING in Hannah Alabama urban) even though I guess it would be considered a paranormal romance to be correct.

The story revolves around Beck (who owns the "dive bar" of the title) and Conall the official Captain of the demon hunters, theirs is no sweet romance since they seem to bring out the worst in each other for a goodly part of the book before they realize they have more than just a passing attraction to each other. The romance is the center of this book while several subplots revolve around it and it flows rather nicely IMHO and while not as ROTFL as the first book it is hugely entertaining.

This is an easy 4.5 reading experience and I can't say too much without giving some of the plots away so just have to trust me a bit to say you will love it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Hunting in a Dive Bar.