Barry's Reviews > Going Bovine

Going Bovine by Libba Bray

May 31, 09

bookshelves: client-s-books

I'm biased, of course. Libba's not just my client, she's my wife. But this is one of the funniest books I've ever read, and will break your heart at the same time.

She wrote the first draft of this book in one month, for a workshop organized by Cynthia Leitich Smith. It just poured out of her, and I knew it was something special when she'd talk about it with this little gleam in her eye.

Fans of the Gemma books may not initially think this is for them, but I think the romance, the humor, the quirk that is Libba shines through here just as much as it did in those books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going Bovine.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michelle Your wife truly has an imagination on park with Adams and Gaiman as far as I'm concerned. This book had me laughing out loud and getting teary at the same time. I think I fell slightly in love with Balder. All the characters are fantastic, but he was a true standout!

Alissa Bach Going Bovine is a true Epic Masterpiece! Not many books out there fall into that category.

Annalisa A month? Now I'm even more amazed.

Demetra aww, that's sweet. Your a keeper. : )

message 5: by Solis (new)

Solis Cantio Love. This. Book! Has she written any others? If so, they're definitely worth looking into. :)