Kristi's Reviews > Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

Dec 04, 13

bookshelves: own-arc, books-i-own, signed-arcs, signed-books
Read in November, 2009

Three words; unique, epic & addictive

Wow. I mean really, wow. I have no words. I really have no words. It's so much more easier for me to give reasons why I don't like something, rather than try to explain why I do. I mean, I don't know why I like something. I just do!

But let's see if I can explain this coherently. It took awhile for me to get into the story. Initially you get a lot of information, and I wasn't exactly sure where it all was headed. However, you needed that back story. You needed to understand the history of the town the history of Ethan, otherwise the vibrancy of the story would be lost. The history completely compliments and enhances the rest of the story, when you get to the end, you'll get it.

The atmosphere of these book was incredible. I had this insatiable craving for grits and sweet tea..... It really was like you were there, Garcia and Stohl cover even the smallest of details. Characterization was phenomenal. These characters were fantastically portrayed, three dimensional, I had very strong feelings toward each and every one of them and that's something that doesn't happen often. Something that's not evident a lot in YA fiction, is family involvement. The parents or guardians are always in the back ground, there, but not there. Beautiful Creatures has a lot of family involvement, which I loved.

Maybe I do know why I liked it! Writing was outstanding, pacing was right on, I could not get through the pages fast enough! The whole story was just fascinating, I just loved it, every small aspect. It just worked.

I can not wait to read more. I demand a sequel! Which I'm happy to report.... is coming!
124 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Creatures.

10/29/2009 page 13
show 6 hidden updates…

Kami Garcia Did you get the ARC??

Kristi I DID! I DID!!

message 3: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca this book looks interesting! grats on getting it.

Annabelle I'm going to start this book soon! Excited!

Olivia i can't wait to read your review!

message 6: by Angelc (new) - added it

Angelc Great review! I've been wondering about this one!

Tulip Hosenn i second ALL that you said, kristi. beautiful creatures is just beautiful.

Dr.Mandi I was about to purchase this book today but wasn't quite convinced that I would like it. but I see that so far you all have positive things to say about it! I think I ail get it after all! :)

Mari I'm loving this book more and more with every page..

Kristi Mari wrote: "I'm loving this book more and more with every page.."

i can't wait for the movie!

message 11: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina gonna re-read this great book because of the movie :)

message 12: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Harris I feel the very same way the way the book just flowed was flawless. I'm totally addicted to beautiful creatures series. I can't wait to leave the next 3 books

message 13: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat I loved this book, I don't know why everyone is hating on it!

Abigail Okay I was a little bit confused on the ending. Sarafine said that mortals and casters couldn't BE TOGETHER but didnt Ethan and Lena...?

message 15: by Mandy (new)

Mandy yeah that was the one part of the book i didn't understand completely but overall i thought that it was a verry creative book. I found it amazing to read!

message 16: by Malu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Malu Centin Jesus, I LOVED your review! I'm reading this book now, and your review was like: "OK, bye bye computer, lets go back to the book!" And that's what I'm doing.
Like, you completly got the book! And it's this, the book feels real and fun and cute and... perfect <3

Carmela Hillz IM HAPPY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kor314 Every one has to love this epical book and i like your reveiw

Kor314 Join Caster rp

Charlee Alsup glad you liked it, it was definatly one of my favorites

Jessy Sone I absolutely loved your review! I have no idea why people are hating on it, because this book is definitely one of the best I've read so far. I'm sure its sequels will be as good as this. Well, hopefully!

Katherine It made me so happy to read your review because I read a good number of people hating on it. I really am enjoying the book