Cornerofmadness's Reviews > Fruits Basket, Vol. 21

Fruits Basket, Vol. 21 by Natsuki Takaya

Apr 09, 09

This is close to the end of the series. It’s a ‘big stuff’ happens in it so the review will be short not to spoil things. Let’s call it the volume of changing relationships. Yuki is finally realizing that he feels something for Machi and needs to tell her. Tohru and Kyo’s relationship comes to a head and well naturally blows up.

On the non-love side, Kyo and Yuki’s relationship changes as they explore their animosity. Kyo admits to unfairly blaming Yuki for his failure to save Tohru’s mother and admits to wishing he was more like Yuki. It’s Yuki’s admissions that surprised me. Akito is slowly coming undone but at the same time might finally be finding sane ground. Her and Tohru’s relationship also change but in the midst of all this Tohru is badly hurt and hospitalized and here’s where it goes downhill from here. The way Tohru’s friends treat Kyo is reprehensible. I really liked those two girls too up to this point. Yes Kyo said some things he shouldn’t but given his life they aren’t unexpected. (and I’d be disillusioned too to learn the one person who loves me has the I.Q. of a houseplant. Sorry, as much as I like the zodiac, I just can’t like Mary Sue…um Tohru) It ends with Kyo taking charge of his life and heading to see his birth father.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fruits Basket, Vol. 21.