Geraint's Reviews > Striking Thoughts: Bruce Lee's Wisdom for Daily Living

2192915
May 18, 09

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read in January, 2000

If you were to say "What springs to mind when you think of Bruce Lee?", most people would talk about martial arts or his untimely death. What a lot of people don't know, is that Bruce Lee was as much of a Philosopher as he was a Martial Artist, or a movie star. Indeed, his degree in America was on Philosophy.

So it will come as little suprise then that Bruce will have had a lot of thoughts on aspects of life. And here they are. This small book contains some of the most poignant thoughts I have ever read, on all aspects; life and death, love and family, yin and yang. During the course of his life Bruce Lee was always writing down thoughts as they came to him on a notepad, and this book is the collection of some of those thoughts, organised and titled by John Little.

I've lost count of the times this book has helped me. You can literally open it at a random page and find -something- that helps with your day. It forms a fusion of Western and Eastern philosophy, shaken (not stirred) by Bruce Lee's unique outlook and enthusiasm for life. This isn't the type of book you can sit and read cover to cover, but it is a book that you will come back to again and again over the course of many years, and it's invaluable in my collection.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Striking Thoughts.