Jennifer Defoy's Reviews > The Noticer: Sometimes, All a Person Needs Is a Little Perspective.

The Noticer by Andy Andrews

Apr 27, 09

bookshelves: book-sneeze, owned, 2009-reads
Read in April, 2009

Touching, Thought-Provoking, and Inspirational.

If I had to sum this book up in three words those are what they would be, but thankfully I'm not restricted to three words :-)

This story follows Jones and Andy. Jones is the Noticer, because he notices things that other people can't see. Through the book he comes into peoples lives at the right time, helps them gain a little perspective on the situation they are in, then moves on to help someone else.

I loved this book. Not only was it a quick read (3 hours) but I couldn't put it down. Andy Andrews writes with compassion for his characters (probably because he is one of them). Jones has a way to know exactly what each person he comes in contact needs in order to help them change their lives around. Jones' perspective on life seems so simple, yet many of us fail to see things from his perspective in our own lives.

I became so attached to this story that I cried quite a few times. I think I became attached to each character that Jones helped. And each time he helped someone he simply chalked it up to the person just needed a little perspective.

I normally don't post passages from the books I read but I think this one is worth mentioning: "Most people think it takes a long time to change. It doesn't.Change is immediate! Instantaneous! It may take a long time to decide to change... but change happens in a heartbeat!"

I think everyone should read this. It kind of makes you think about times when you've been in a bad way and what it took or would take to help you get out of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Noticer.