Joanna's Reviews > Turn Coat

Turn Coat by Jim Butcher

Apr 12, 09

bookshelves: scifi-fantasy, supernatural
Read in April, 2009

Ooooooh Dresden! This was the best yet in terms of explanations and understandings and the whole Dresden-can-never-pull-it-off scenarios. Love the monster of the latest installment. I love the way each novel flows with the over-arching plot in terms of developing the characters and the world, but also has it's own central conflict with a whole new beastie. And I am sad. Sad about the way people develop which means they can't just stay the people you love, they have to get all complicated. And you keep loving them anyway. Mostly I'm sad because I can't WAIT for the next one. I am really really sad about that.

Thank god for implausible survivals, that's all I'm gonna say. (And spoilerphobes among my friends may puzzle over that, if they like.)
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turn Coat.

Comments (showing 1-11)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 11: by Sean (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sean OMG! how is it?

Joanna Well, DUH, it's awesome!
I only just barely started though.

Latharia Don't give anything away. I'm hoping beyond hope to get it for my birthday next month! :D

Joanna Latharia wrote: "Don't give anything away. I'm hoping beyond hope to get it for my birthday next month! :D"

No worries. I try to only put tantalizing hints and general impressions in my reviews, no spoilers. I will say, it's really really good and will be over way too fast. But you knew all that already. :-)

Latharia Thanks for all of the tantalizing details. Now I just have to wait another 5 weeks or so. :)

Sean WOW! Jo, can I swing over after work tomorrow and pick it up?!

Joanna Of course! I can't believe I forgot it at home, I meant to bring it to work in case you wanted to get it here. I didn't though---come on over! I'll be home about 7 but Matthew will be there earlier.

Bethany Sean said you had written a tantalizing review of this latest installment, and I must agree wholeheartedly!!!

Latharia Man, I wish I lived closer to you 3.

Sean just finished it (almost and all-nighter; literally had to put it down around 130 a.m. to sleep). Overall, W-O-W! Only one minor snag I had, which was some bit of obviousness in the plot unfolding. Other than, one of the better books so far!
Bethany, I'll drop it off tonight!

Joanna I am sure I know what you mean about the bit of obviousness and I agree it was clumsily done. Very small gripe but it did bug me.