Jennifer Fluegge's Reviews > Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook: Feasting with Your Slow Cooker

Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook by Dawn J. Ranck

Apr 08, 09

YEAH, they have cookbooks on here, too! This book is a great collection of recipes for the crock-pot--I made one from here just the other day, actually! The problem for me is doing the planning so that I get the stuff in the crockpot in the morning before I leave for work..I am always glad when I do, though! Another issue is that oftentimes, the crockpots cook alot faster and hotter these days so if I put it in before I leave for work,by the time I get home, the stuff is overdone bigtime! However, if I go home at lunch and put it it, that works for alot of recipes..so I am going to try to start doing that some.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne I have the same cookbook... and the same problem! I put all meat in frozen and unthawed which slows down the cooking considerably. I put in a mostly frozen turkey breast yesterday in the morning (8 or 9) and it was ready by 5.

I use this cookbook all the time! Even if I don't follow the recipe exactly, it gives me a good idea of how to cook whatever it is I want to cook in the crock pot.