JoPaul's Reviews > Deception Point

Deception Point by Dan Brown

2073897
Jul 25, 09

bookshelves: adventure, action, fiction, science-fiction
Read in July, 2009

QUITE AWESOME!

Beware: Do not be deceived!

After three days of flipping pages, predicting next scenes and finishing it, Dan Brown's probe to the fake meteorite the NASA conceived as a proof of ET life left me gasping for breath.

What I like about this author is his idea of spoonfeeding the readers with facts that our curiosity wanted to discover. This time, it's about national security and defense, politicking, bribery, advanced technology and SCIENCE!

HALF FICTITIOUS AND HALF TRUE

This was the second time I read a Dan Brown work, after Da Vinci Code. I observed that the author presented a half fantasy and half reality novel. Half Fictitiouss because the story is in itself just feigned. Half true because all the information, which we, readers, don't even have the slightest knowledge, are laid oiut in truth.

From the actions of the NASA, NRO and White House down to the new gadgets used, weapond invented and devices utilized, from the complex chain of glaciology facts up to the uncovered data of oceanography, Dan Brown will not let his readers be ignorant, be somnolent and be an outcast.

This is a novel which webs comedy, action, thrill, actually all.

I assume the author is a polymath.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deception Point.

07/07/2009 page 24