Jennifer Wardrip's Reviews > Bite Me!

Bite Me! by Melissa Francis

Reviewed by LadyJay for TeensReadToo.com

AJ Ashe, a teenage Southern belle, is hiding a secret.

Her family is descended from a long line of vampires - yep, I just said vampires. AJ has fangs and occasionally craves blood, but she has also suppressed many of her vamp instincts to fit into "normal" society.

The part that's not normal - AJ's mom is marrying her boyfriend's father.

AJ knows she can't be with Ryan, especially now that they are step-siblings. The reality of the situation doesn't make it hurt any less. AJ tries to push Ryan into the arms of another willing female, but they just can't seem to avoid one another.

And then, of course, other weirdness starts going down. AJ discovers that her family is part of the Serpentine clan; a high school friend is killed, rises from the dead, and begins to stalk her; AND she gets suspended from school.

Just another day in the life of a teenage vampire!

Melissa Francis has successfully produced a fun and fresh vampire novel. The story itself is engaging, and you can't help but love the characters. Many a teenage girl will empathize with AJ and her angst-ridden relationship with Ryan.

I enjoyed the fact that Francis has made her vampires very different from those in the TWILIGHT series. These vamps have their own set of rules to follow.

I am so glad that I got my hands on this book. The ending left me wanting more, so here's hoping that many sequels will follow!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bite Me!.