Michelle (meshe)'s Reviews > The Quickie

The Quickie by James Patterson

1120185
Apr 08, 09

Read in April, 2009

Synopsis: Lauren Stillwell is not your average damsel in distress. When the NYPD cop discovers her husband leaving a hotel with another woman, she decides to beat him at his own game. But her revenge goes dangerously awry, and she finds her world spiraling into a hell that becomes more terrifying by the hour.
In a further twist of fate, Lauren must take on a job that threatens everything she stands for. Now, she's paralyzed by a deadly secret that could tear her life apart. With her job and marriage on the line, Lauren's desire for retribution becomes a lethal inferno as she fights to save her livelihood--and her life.
Patterson takes us on a twisting roller-coaster ride of thrills in his most gripping book yet. This story of love, lust and dangerous secrets will have listeners' hearts pounding to the very last page.
My Thoughts: Absolutely better than the last book I read by James Patterson, however, a little bit too contrived and neatly tied up at the ending. Still, it was a quick, easy and suspenseful book to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Quickie.