Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Alpha One

Alpha One by Cynthia Eden

Jan 28, 13

Alpha One (Shadow Agents, #1)Alpha One by Cynthia Eden

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary:
"Julie's missing. You have to get her back."The minute he got the message, undercover agent Logan Quinn sprang into action. Getting Juliana James out of Mexico alive was the Elite Ops covert agent's only priority. But once the senator's daughter was safely back in their Mississippi hometown, Logan had a new mission: to get another chance with the woman he couldn't lose again.

Juliana had never forgotten the day, ten years ago, when Logan left her heart in pieces. Now he was back in her life, sworn to protect her from the ruthless weapons dealer who wanted her dead. As passion blindsided her—and she was once again thrust into danger—Julie realized how much she'd risk for one more day in Logan's arms.

Review:
This book starts out with action and barely allows you a moment to catch your breath through the whole book. I am kind of amazed that she was able to capture the emotion and impart a bit of the history between these two people between all the things happening.
There was so much happening that the climatic “battle” was almost a blip on the story . Trying to fit a romance in between all this action would seem to be a near impossible task but Cynthia Eden pulled it off very nicely and you don’t feel like anything was horribly rushed but I think it had to be with so many things going on.
We can get one thing straight here and that is that Logan is in love with Juliana, always has been, always will be. The fact that he has to keep saving her life just seems normal once you get into this book. The few subplots are interesting but not very flashed out but then again I think she can throw these type of stories out in her sleep.
Alpha male, tough but sensitive female who seems just beyond his reach, add a really evil bad guy and you have the making for a perfect White Knight story. Well Logan has a few wrinkles in his armor but as with most of these types of books, he is good at heart .
I can’t say too much about the story without getting into spoilers but this was a good quick read for me and I enjoyed it between the dark and equally violent PNR/UF books I read.
If you like your hero just short of Superman and the heroine with the right mix of tough, cute and sensitive, then this is your book, 4+ Stars (rounded to 5) maybe more depending on your mood and reading preferences.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alpha One.