Ladiibbug's Reviews > No Rest for the Wicked

No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole

Apr 08, 09

Read in April, 2009

#3 IAD (Immortals After Dark) series

This is a super popular PNR series that readers are crazy about. So I must be the only person on the planet to say, this is just not my cup of tea.

The mixture of vampires, Valkyries, gnome and little supernatural creatures ... plus the scavenger hunt theme of this book ... and the Valkyrie sisters ... just don't do anything for me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Rest for the Wicked.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Nah, I'm with you. I couldn't even finish the first novel. I think I was spoiled by Kenyon's Dark Hunter series (which I ADORE!).

The vamps were yummy. But it was the Valkyries who got me. They were just too silly for me. I don't do well with silly characters in a romance series. So this is totally my weirdness, and I'm glad this series is so popular. Just not my thing.

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Erotica and Paranormal Romance Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (excerpts from all of my novels)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my naughty Author Blog/updated daily)

message 2: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney The series is a fine one at that but I am with both of you. Valkyrie are just silly. If I had to read this book again I probly would not. Books should grab you within a page or two. I found myself hoping the chapter would end. It has action Romancs and edventure, but not all flowing together.

Love you all
Courtney

Cozen Out of the three in the series, this fell into my least favorite. Fortunately, I read them out of order so it didn't influence the other two books. I couldn't really feel any love for the female character. Too stubborn and standoffish. I realize he's a stalker, but hey... Give him a break... He is a vampire.