Ezra's Reviews > A Corner of the Universe

A Corner of the Universe by Ann M. Martin

Apr 07, 09

This novel was about Hattie Owen who must learn to cope with the fact that her uncle Adam, is literally retarded. We see that the family of Hattie tries to deny his existense but the power Adam has on the family allows the exact opposite to occur. I belive that this book was so great because the events were full of drama and out of the blue. No one wants to read a book that proves you right,so read this one. The author Ann M. Martin does a great job of hiding the discomfort and unrest in the whole family through setting and description. It allowed it readers to contemplate the real love families have when tensions are brought about and when one isnt normal like the others. Hattie the protagonist thorough the author (a FOIL) shows how a person in our society should react to conflicts and situations such as these. We learn unfortunatley that those who take drastic measures to happiness arent always the ones that are crazy or sane. In order to figure out the future of Adam I suggest you read the book, the ending comes with a BOOM! Enjoy, those of you who find my recommendation interesting, and want to find more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Corner of the Universe.