Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Secret Fantasy

Secret Fantasy by Carly Phillips

Apr 07, 09

bookshelves: 2009-reads
Read in April, 2009

"Secret Fantasy" is a reprint of Carly Phillips 2001 Harlequin Temptation release. I'd forgotten just how much 'hotter' today's Blaze and Temptation releases are in comparison. I would rate this between PG & NC-17. The tension is high throughout, but there's no real consummation until about 3/5ths of the way through the book, lots of heavy petting and a couple of '3rd base' scenes though.

Juliette is a Senator's daughter who has recently been dubbed 'Chicago's Runaway Bride' since she left her high-profile father's protege at the alter just minutes before the wedding service was to begin. The press has gone crazy since she hasn't explained her reasons and when her twin sister surprises her with a vacation, she jumps at the opportunity for some peace. Imagine her surprise when she discovers the vacation is to the 'Secret Fantasy' complex! Even though this wasn't what Juliette had in mind, the sexy hunk she caught sight of on arrival just might change her mind.

Doug has 'wheeled and dealed' (I know that's not proper English but it just doesn't work any other way!) his way to the information on where the Runaway Bride will be. He's a reporter on a mission and he's prepared to do whatever necessary to get his story and clear his name. It's not like he WANTS to hurt Juliette. But Doug hadn't counted on her impact in person. And the more time they spend together, the fuzzier Doug's intentions become. But how will he ever be able to explain things to Juliette?

A quick read with a well-tried plot that's only saved by Phillips dialogue and ability to keep the sexual tension high. Not a keeper for me, but it's still an hour well spent.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secret Fantasy.