Shawna's Reviews > Talk Me Down

Talk Me Down by Victoria Dahl

Jul 21, 14

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, victoria-dahl, 2009-reads, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, favorites, hero-mix-of-alpha-beta, hero-im-gaga-over, romantic-suspense, heroine-i-wanna-bitch-slap-annoying, hero-i-wanna-marry, reunions-are-sweeter-second-chances, humorous-at-times-or-fluffy-fun, offlimits-bf-likekidsister-jailbait, series-tumble-creek, i-read-own-faves-keepers, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, favorite-romance-series, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, small-town-lovin, best-top-favorites, hh-author-writer-quill-mighty-sword, hero-too-yummy-perfect-to-be-true, heroine-undeserving-of-awesome-hero, best-wittiest-banter-dialogue, best-snarkasm-humor, a-all-time-fave-hero, hero-nice-guy-gets-the-girl, stalker-alert, 5-stars-or-higher, hero-bedroom-bad-boy, hero-starchy-loosen-up-buttons-babe, heroine-sassy-full-of-attitude, hero-my-romancelandia-husband-harem, a-all-time-best-of-best-fave-dik
Recommended to Shawna by: Lots of GR friends
Recommended for: Contemporary romance fans
Read in May, 2009

5 stars – Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

After reading so many positive reviews by several GR friends, I had high expectations for "Talk Me Down" and I'm thrilled to say that it did not disappoint. It’s a highly entertaining contemporary romance romp with sexy, funny dialogue, a quirky, albeit often frustrating heroine, a sexy-as-sin, sweet hero, and even a stalker subplot with lots of twists thrown in for some added intrigue. I thoroughly enjoyed the clever writing, laugh-out-loud humor, and steamy hot romance.

Erotic romance novelist Molly Jennings returns to her small, isolated hometown of Tumble Creek, Colorado after inheriting her aunt’s house to escape an ex-boyfriend who just can’t seem to get the hint that it's over and with the hope of finding inspiration for her next book in longtime crush, chief of police Ben Lawson, who’s been the subject of her fantasies for the past ten years. Ben’s harbored some fantasies of his own where Molly’s concerned, and now that she’s back and no longer just his best friend’s kid sister, he’s finding her harder to resist than ever before, especially when she pulls out all the stops in the seduction department. The romance in "Talk Me Down" is smokin’ hot, but what I really enjoyed is the fun, lighthearted teasing, and humor between Molly and Ben in the bedroom scenes.

Molly’s job is a big mystery to everyone, and complications arise when she insists on keeping her career and past relationship a secret from Ben, who hates secrets ever since his family was involved in a seedy scandal in the small town when he was a teenager. Ben falls hard and fast for Molly and wants a serious relationship, but her secretive ways and selfish behavior cause trust issues and distance between them. Ben was waaay more patient and understanding with Molly than she deserved, and there were times that I really thought she needed a good reality smack upside the head.

Which brings me to what I loved most about this book...Ben Lawson, Ben Lawson, and oh yeah, Ben Lawson!! He's a seemingly quiet, serious, conservative sheriff and a tender, caring, patient, sweet, all around good guy...but then get him in the bedroom and YOWZA! Let's just say he knows how to use his Stetson hat and sexy drawl for a good time!

If I were to make me the ultimate contemporary romance hero/hunk sandwich, it would have a slice of Flat-Out Sexy’s Elec Monroe, a slice of Smooth Talking Stranger’s Jack Travis, a slice of Sugar Daddy’s Gage Travis, and a big-ole slice of Talk Me Down’s Ben Lawson...yummy!

"Talk Me Down" is a delightful contemporary romance that’s sexy and witty with a hero that this reader went totally gaga over! It's a very quick, fun, and saucy read! 5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talk Me Down.

05/19/2009 page 347
100.0% "Three words...Yummy Ben Lawson!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Miss Kim I can't believe you've not read this one yet!!

Shawna I know! I was going to start it last night, but I read 2 pages of Comanche Moon and was completely hooked! There's just too many good books and far too little time, you know?!

Miss Kim I know what you mean!

Miss Kim I loved Ben in this one too, however the girl needs a good shake of the shoulders sometimes.

Corrine Amen, Shawna! Hopefully the next one is better in that aspect. Otherwise, really enjoyed this one.

Shawna And I'm hoping the next book gives some details on what Molly and Ben have been up to because I need more Ben Lawson!

Miss Kim Oh I want one of those sandwiches, Shawna!

Auntee Order me one too!:)
Great review Shawna!

Shawna Oops...I forgot to add a slice of Hard and Fast's Ty McCordle! Can't forget him on our sandwich! LOL!!

Miss Kim I can save him for dessert.

Kathrynn Or Alec from "Flat-Out Sexy!" Yum!

Tammy I like your sandwich order. =)

message 13: by Ladiibbug (last edited Oct 03, 2009 05:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ladiibbug Shawna ~

Nice review, this was a 5 star read for me as well.

I've gotta read #2 Start Me Up (so many books!) and -- no spoilers -- I have a note to get to the e-book authored by a character in Talk Me Down ;-)

"Heroines-I-Want-To-Bitch-Slap"??!! I have to visit your shelves soon, ROFL!

Shawna Thanks Ladiibbug! :)