Tammy's Reviews > Bite Me!

Bite Me! by Melissa Francis

Apr 13, 09

bookshelves: first-reads, keepers
Read in April, 2009

I am so glad I was able to get an early copy of this book. The story is about AJ a young teenage vampire that basically wants to be normal. Have a boyfriend,go to school,spend time with her best friends. The normal teenage stuff.

The trouble starts when her mom gets married. The love of her life is now her stepbrother. It's a heartbreaking and uncomfortable situation for them both but AJ tries to deal with it the best she can. Until other strange and tragic things start happening around her and she is left wondering what the heck happened to her normal teenage vampire life?

The best thing about this book for me was the dialogue. AJ is full of whit that literally had me laughing out loud through most of the book. There is also a great supernatural mystery running through the story line as AJ tries to figure out what is going on around her. The characters are all likeable and you easily get drawn into their world. The main character AJ is a great female role model for teens. Strong and doesn't back down when it comes to herself or those she loves.

Bottom line is this book is enjoyable for teens and adults alike. I hope the author is planning a sequel. I'd love to read more about AJ and her life. Definately 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bite Me!.

04/12/2009 page 103