R's Reviews > آقای با كلاه و آقای بی كلاه

آقای با كلاه و آقای بی كلاه by Shel Silverstein

Apr 01, 07

There was this man who had so many hats and the man who had only one hat. One day the man with 99 hats ( and in the picture he is wearing all on top of each other) meets the man with only on hat. You know what happens at last? He takes the only hat of the one hat man and now he has 100 hats. It sure is a crazy world isn't it?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read آقای با كلاه و آقای بی كلاه.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

JG (The Introverted Reader) roshanak,

Can you tell me if this is an actual book by Shel Silverstein or just a poem or something? Some other librarians and I can't find any more information about it anywhere and we're trying to put an isbn number into the description.

Thanks for any information you have!

JG

message 2: by R (new) - rated it 3 stars

R Hi JG,

It is a free translation of "Mr. Smeds and Mr. Spats" from the collection "A light in the Attic".

This collection was translated into Persian twice with different titles: Once by the title "The man with a hat, the man without a hat" and then by its own actual title: "A Light in the Attic".

Apparently the person who added this book to Goodreads did not know the original name of the collection, so she/he translated back the name into English and caused the confusion.

I had not recognized this either until you asked. I am going to remove this from my list and add the review to the original title.

Best,

Roshanak

JG (The Introverted Reader) Thank you for your quick response! We were puzzled by this one. I'll combine this title with A Light in the Attic.

Thanks again,