Jess's Reviews > Pink Jinx

Pink Jinx by Sandra Hill

Apr 16, 09

bookshelves: 2009, sandra-hill
Read in April, 2009

I loved this book, another great one by Sandra Hill! I originally thought that this was an extension of her Cajun series but it's not really. The characters of Tee John and Tante Lulu are in it, but they are just background characters. It also doesn't take place in the bayou. But I still loved it. This book had the same trademark quirkiness and humor as Hill's other books so I was not disappointed.

In this book, Ronnie is a high powered lawyer from Boston who has been tricked by her eccentric grandfather into taking over his treasure hunting company. In the process of trying to sort it out, she runs into her 4 time ex-husband Jake who she finds out has invested 100 grand in the grandfathers company. They both decide to get together and try to help out her grandfather's failing business, but of course it's not because they still love each other. Obviously having been married and divorced to the same person means they have no attraction. Ha. Tante Lulu is along for the ride to stir things up because she swears that the thunderbolt has hit Jake and Ronnie.

I loved how the characters related to one another, and the attraction between Jake and Ronnie was indisputable. I thought the story line was interesting, and entertaining. This is definitely a book that flies along and by the time I realized it, it was over and I can't wait to read the next one: Pearl Jinx.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pink Jinx.