Cornerofmadness's Reviews > Dogs: Bullets & Carnage, Volume 7

Dogs by Shirow Miwa

Jan 26, 13

bookshelves: manga
Read in January, 2013

** spoiler alert ** I had mixed feelings about this one. Oh, don’t get me wrong. I liked it but it was a little too heavy on the action. After a while, nothing but action scenes with no dialog gets dull (at least for me). However what was done with Naoto and Heine was very good storyline wise.

As for Badou and Mihai, we do see them but they don’t add much to the storyline other than to move them from above the city back down and to let us know that actually the down below is physically separated now by the dog soldiers’ attack, tons of rubble to clear. Badou knows a way down. Too bad the enemy knows this way too but it allows them to drop in on a plan that bodes ill for Badou’s friends. In the midst of this we see snippets of what happened to Giovanni after the Mayor got him (I would have liked more of this but that’s probably my desire to see bound men popping up).

As for Naoto and Heine, it picks up where it left off with crazy Magato finding her. Naturally they fight. He and Heine fight. Heck even Loki, Noki and Fruhling show up and fight. There is a bit too much of it really. But in the middle of these scenes (and one bizarre scene when the twins go home with Heine and Nill) we learn a lot about Naoto that I simply wasn’t expecting. It’s very strange and tightens the connections between the characters. I don’t want to say more than that since it’s a major twist. It ends with one of the major players moving to the next level of her game and with, of course, Heine and Magato fighting some more as Magato learns just what Heine is. (he seems to know more about Heine than Heine does).

I liked it. I wished it balanced plot with action a little better though. And now I have to sit and wait because we’re about caught up to where it is in Japan (I think…maybe) because they’re only putting out like one a book a year and this just came out in December. That part sucks.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dogs.