K.D. Absolutely's Reviews > Angels & Demons

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

Apr 06, 09

bookshelves: suspense-thriller
Read in May, 2005, read count: 1

This is actually better than Da Vinci Code and I look forward to seeing the movie. I particularly enjoyed the descriptive killing of the priest (not that I am a sadist) but the connection to the different elements gave a good spin to the usual killing spree! Just like Da Vinci could when I started reading this novel, I could not put it down. Jillian was even angry at me already when we were vacationing in Paradise Island in Palawan the time I was reading this because I was just sitting there while she wanted to go out and enjoy the beach.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels & Demons.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Uri Did you see the movie? What did you think about it? Was it good? I am asking because when I really really like a book I never go to see the movie, no matter which actors are in it, or how much they advertise it as the best movie ever.
I have learned the hard way that they will never be able to make a movie as good as the book that I liked and they will never be able to live to my expectations as much too often they change the story and/or the characters to make them more attractive to the silver screen. From what I've heard the only exception was the Lord of the rings, but I really don't know as i never read that.

K.D. Absolutely Uri, the book is a lot better than the movie. However, it is nice to see some scenes captured on the screen.

Uri I expected as much lol. I only would see the movie because Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors, but as I said before I don't break this rule I have no matter who's in the movie. Glad to hear you kinda enjoyed it though.

K.D. Absolutely Url, yes, I liked this book. I still do. :)

message 5: by JohnReads (new)

JohnReads Kuya K.D., since this is the first book of Robert Langdon's story, is it really necessary to start here? Or is it okay to skip this book and start with Da Vinci Code first?

Uri I think that you would have no problem if you read the Da Vinci code first. Some people just like reading the books in the order they were published,but if this is not the case for you then go ahead and read it.

message 7: by JohnReads (new)

JohnReads Uri wrote: "I think that you would have no problem if you read the Da Vinci code first. Some people just like reading the books in the order they were published,but if this is not the case for you then go ahea..."Okay, thank-you that's very helpful! :) And yes, I'm one of those people who prefer to read the books in order; So I guess I'll have to start with this one. Thanks!