K.D. Absolutely's Reviews > She's Come Undone

Apr 20, 09

bookshelves: drama
Recommended for: Oprah Book Club
Read in April, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I could not believe I was able to finish reading this book. The first part was okay - a typical dysfunctional family. Dolores' father earning money by being a male whore, divorce, getting raped, etc. Then she became fat and then she became fond of whales. The symbolism between her and whales is obvious. All this male-author-writing-female perspective that the book tries to sell with all those quotes on the book cover does not make a lot of sense. Why? Because Dolores Price's perspective is not typical of a female teenager or young adult. I have lived with many female relatives all my life and there is nobody like her in them. It could be that Dolores is an American but that is another story. The only nice thing about this book is the cover and I was deceived by it. It's good that I bought this book on sale at P20.00.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She's Come Undone.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kring (new) - added it

Kring I've been reading it since 2nd week of september but still haven't make it to the first half. I'm totally bored.
It was P115.00, the first time I saw it. I bought it for P75.00 and thought I was lucky but seems not at all. haha

btw, nice review. :)

message 2: by K.D. (new) - rated it 1 star

K.D. Absolutely Thanks for the like, Kring.

message 3: by Tintin (new)

Tintin Nearly bought it a while ago for P115.00 at BookSale. Buti na lang at di ko na tinuloy :) Thanks for the review. I'd hate a book with a voice/perspective that beggars disbelief.

message 4: by K.D. (new) - rated it 1 star

K.D. Absolutely Some of my female friends find this so-so also. No one has raved though. So, yes, don't bother.

message 5: by Tony (last edited Nov 25, 2010 01:58PM) (new)

Tony You can put me down as someone who raves about it

message 6: by K.D. (new) - rated it 1 star

K.D. Absolutely Oh there you are. Thanks, Tony.