Starlight_miss's Reviews > Just Listen

2190959
Apr 23, 09

bookshelves: in-collection
Read in February, 2009

second favorite book ever!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Listen.

Quotes Starlight_miss Liked

Sarah Dessen
“Don't think or judge, just listen.”

Sarah Dessen
“Because this is what happens when you try to run from the past. It just doesn’t catch up, it overtakes … blotting out the future.”

Sarah Dessen
“There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying.”

Sarah Dessen
“So many versions of just one memory, and yet none of them were right or wrong. Instead, they were all pieces. Only when fitted together, edge to edge, could they even begin to tell the whole story.”

Sarah Dessen
“I'd been convinced I was on the outside, but really, I'd always been within arm's reach. All I had to do was ask, and I, too, would be easily brought back, surrounded and immersed, finding myself safe, somewhere in between.”

Sarah Dessen
“Music is a total constant. That's why we have such a strong visceral connection to it, you know? Because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in your or the world, that one song says the same, just like that moment.”