Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)'s Reviews > Expecting the Boss's Baby

Expecting the Boss's Baby by Leanne Banks

I was rearranging my books and came across this one. It caught my eye. So I ended up reading it. This was a very good story. I actually liked both characters. Michael was a man who had lost his mother at a young age, and ended up in the foster system, eventually at The Granger Home for Boys. Because of that loss, he had determined never to fall in love or give his heart away. For three long years, he fought feelings for his secretary, Kate, until they had too much champagne, and shared a night of passion. The next morning, he apologized and told her he wanted things to be just business. Kate never got over that night, because she'd fallen in love with Michael. She knew it was a risky thing to do, but the heart doesn't listen to logic. When she reveals her pregnancy, Michael has to campaign for her to marry him, to make sure that his child has a family and a secure future that he didn't have. But that alone isn't enough. He finds that he wants his very wary wife's heart and a chance at a real family.

This was a very good book. Banks thoroughly involves me in this relationship between Michael and Kate. This book is both emotional and sensual. I loved seeing their hearts open up to each other and connect on deep levels. I liked that Kate doesn't settle for just part of Michael, because she shows him that he can have more if he does take a chance. Category romance is such a neat way to get a lovely romance that you can read in under two hours, but get the full exposure, albeit in brief form. I like marriage and baby books, and with a hero who acts tough and detached, but really is a sweetheart, plus a heroine who is very lovable, what more can you ask for with this book?

I plan to read the other two books about Michael's best buds, who were also in the Boys' Home,
Millionaire Husband and The Millionaire's Secret Wish

Overall rating: 4.5/5.0 stars.

11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Expecting the Boss's Baby.

message 1: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Lane Great review! I love heroes with sad pasts.

message 2: by MelissaB (new) - added it

MelissaB Great review Danielle! I have this one in the TBR pile.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Thanks, Jennifer and Melissa.

Michael is one of those heroes you want to hug. You should pull this out, Melissa. I think you'd enjoy it.

message 4: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Fab review Dr D!

message 6: by Ronica (new)

Ronica Great review I have this on to buy list. I may bump it up.

message 8: by Ronica (new)

Ronica I'm going to read it between my library books.