Lady of the Lake's Reviews > The Forest Lord

The Forest Lord by Susan Krinard

Jun 17, 10

bookshelves: fae, fantasy
Read from June 14 to 17, 2010 — I own a copy

Well this was a fun book! Sure I can get into the little things like how the author promotes a message of evil hunters poor animals.. But you take from things what you want and leave behind what you don't and those messages were appropriate for this type of fantasy. It was well written and the story flowed with some twists and turns which kept it interesting and it had all resolves itself in the end! Everyone in the book had gotten a HEA and it all wrapped up sweetly with love can conquer all theme! And that is precisey why I chose a book like this so I wasn't surprised nor was I left disapointed in the end!
So if your looking for fairy tale romance, magic of the fae and a
love of nature, it's all here in a fun story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forest Lord.

06/15/2010 page 144
36.0% "Waiting for the meddlesome aunt to get hers! I know she will she HAS TO! 'cause u can't beat the Forest Lord! LOL" 3 comments
06/16/2010 page 248
62.0% "Oh no not the iron tipped arrow!! You know the far can't fight against iron! Not even the great Forest Lord! Still waiting dot dear Aunt Claudia ti get hers cause I know she is behind this latest fiasco. The meddlesome old bitty!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bark's Book Nonsense Glad to hear you liked this. I started it years ago and had to put aside for a review commitment and then it got buried in the tbr pile. I'll be sure to read it before trading it in (if I ever find it again!).

Lady of the Lake U have to really be in the mood for sappy fantasy and a true love conquers all story. It is far from perfect and even tho I REALLY did enjoy this story I can see how there is so much to pick out that is just too much to take! Another reviewer had me laughing as she did find all that was silly and too much to ask in this although her review gives too much away for those who want to try this fairy tale.

message 3: by new_user (new)

new_user Hmmmn, how about the love scenes? LOL.

Lady of the Lake Well... They do have sex but it is super mild description wise... But it is powerful stuff as she can heal her fae lover when he is near death by stripping off her clothes crawiling on top and "giving herself freely"... Amazing! LOL
But if you're looking for heat that curls the pages...fagettabouddit!

message 5: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL! Hmmmn, well, I guess it's good to know beforehand. I won't be disappointed that way, LOL.