Jeannie's Reviews > Darkness Within

Darkness Within by Kinley MacGregor

Mar 28, 11

bookshelves: to-read

The wait for this book has been almost as ridiculous as waiting for Melanie Rawn to write Captal's Tower.

This book has been written, but the release dates keep changing. This book is now not slated for release until early next year (2012), when it had a release date of January and then March of this year (2011). Scratch that - now her website lists it as being released February 23rd, 2013.

If the world does end in 2012, we'll never know what happens in this book. Just saying...

I can't even remember what happened in the first two books of this series. I fear that such a long time gap between releases will hurt its success.

Here's hoping we see this book sometime in the next few years, if ever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Within.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeannie (new) - added it

Jeannie Have now moved this to the BOTTOM of my to-read list. Guess I'll read something worthwhile during the wait.

message 2: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal OMG-this is horrible! I have been waiting years for this book-literally.

message 3: by Jeannie (new) - added it

Jeannie I understand, by the time it does come out we will have to re-read the first two. I just can't believe they would wait this long, especially for a series that was just getting started.

message 4: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal Yes it is very disappointing. I know the author has said that if she doesn't feel a manuscript is as good as she feels it should be that she won't turn it in regardless of deadlines. I also think that she ran into some health issues that impacted the release date as well, but I'm not one hundred percent certain. I do know that she has like a metric ton of different series that she works on.

message 5: by Ally (new)

Ally If you visit Sherrilyn Kenyon's website now the release date is 23rd Feb 2013!

message 6: by Jeannie (new) - added it

Jeannie You've got to be kidding me. I think I'm just going to shelve the last two and forget this series even existed. She has too many series going at once to fully concentrate on any of them. I haven't been impressed with a DH book in a while. The League series was good, but can she live up to the potential of a story she originally wrote years ago and then modified?

Pffft.

message 7: by Ally (new)

Ally Lol! That is sooo true and to the point! I haven't read her DH series for a while because I've been unsatisfied with some of the recent ones compared to the original ones that came out first, which is such a shame because it was such a good series!
I think not because the 4th book wasn't as good as the first three but I plan to read the League book due out in April but if that isn't as good as the previous ones I won't be continuing with the series. I think she really does have her thumb in too many pies! She's involved with 5 or 6 series I think in total and clearly it's just too many!

message 8: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal I think I'm going to cry..........

message 9: by Jeannie (new) - added it

Jeannie How can this book even be listed as "Coming Soon". Yep - 2013. And what the crud is Nevermore? Seriously another series? Ridiculous.....

message 10: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy Wilhelm loved loved the 1st one, cant remember the 2nd. I know I didn't like to much.