Whitney 's Reviews > Outlander

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Sep 28, 10

did not like it
bookshelves: trash

Frank and Claire Randell have been married for eight years but have been separated by WWII. At the war's end the two take a second honeymoon to Scotland. During an early morning walk Claire gets time warped to the 1700s. There she runs into Frank's Great-great-great Grandfather Jonathon Randell. The two do not strike it off very well leaving Claire to play hide and go seek. During their game she runs into Jamie member of the Mackenzie clan. More out of convince than love the two marry like an Alien trying to stay in the United States. Of course the two fall madly in love after their vows and go on crazy adventures throughout Scotland and make love in their spare time.

I'm going to make this short and sweet. I did not like this book. At times it felt more like a harlequin romance rather than historical fiction or fantasy. Hype can be a good thing but in this case it set my expectations too high so I think that was part of my dislike toward Outlander. To be perfectly honest, I couldn't wait for her to go back to 1945.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outlander.