Whitney 's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Mar 10, 12

bookshelves: favorite, classic, own, jane-austen
Read from February 22 to March 11, 2012

Pride and Prejudice I feel is the ultimate love story. Our heroine, Elizabeth Bennet is pretty,witty and wise with a great sense of time and humor. Mr. Darcy is rude, proud and very disagreeable, even if he is worth ten thousand a year. Both cannot stand each other. So what makes this the ultimate love story?

Jane Austen builds up this romance like someone climbing Mount Everest. The beginning is easy to fall into with a lovely setting and becoming acquainted with the characters. Through Elizabeth Bennet's eyes the reader forms an opinion of all the players no matter how prejudiced they may be and you go with them because Lizzy's thoughts reign you in. In the middle, the reader finds it hard to breath because of all the different accounts of the goings on when concerning Mr. Darcy and his childhood friend Mr. Wickham, a dashing young man in the militia charismatic enough to win any girl's heart. The reader is warned or is hinted that one should be wary of Wickham but the dislike and prejudice towards Darcy is so great that it is quickly put aside. The ending is breath taking with all the elements put into place as they should be making the climb well worth it.

Quotes Whitney Liked

Jane Austen
“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tomo (new) - added it

Tomo i like Austin and Mark Twein's comparison.

Aha.