█║ ✕ Aesthetic Indelible ‟Aɴɢeʟ‟ 's Reviews > The Glory Field

Jan 23, 13

Recommended to █║ ✕ Aesthetic Indelible ‟Aɴɢeʟ‟ by: Class Assignment
Recommended for: No one
Read from January 08 to March 14, 2013, read count: Once

This is what some others call a never again book. It isn't the worst, but it definitely isn't good. As soon as you start getting wrapped up, and think your okay with reading this they change to another decade. Here's the chapters:
July 1753, page three
March 1864 page seven
April 1900 page forty-one
May 1930 page seventy-seven
January 1964 page one hundred fifteen
August 1994 page one hundred fifty-nine
Two hundred, the end.

That itself is completely disturbing. I have to read this for language arts, this is fucking language arts, not history. And don't get me started on trying to explain how I feel about the writing. He says the most worthless shit I have ever heard, the writing font size is probably the smallest I've ever seen. Trying to squeeze every fricking bit that he can onto a small page. Not working. I mean it was great in the beginning until he decided to go ahead another decade, and the adorable kid is dead, and we know NOTHING of how he died, because we are struggling to finish this, I have to constantly keep reading back and forth to see what the heck is going on. And then my mom says. "Go watch the movie, it's great! The story is magical!"

First off: There is a MOVIE? I mean I like history, and all that it is but come on, fucking come on. I can barely even FINISH the BOOK. And secondly, you would have your daughter see the movie, instead of reading the story?! What kind of parenting is that, I could fail the test because of that! OH and I have to do an essay on why I loved the book, and what difficult choice I have made.

I just want this book away from me forever, after this test, I am so done with reading books by Walter Dean Myers. Sorry! Just get it off of my shelf, it doesn't deserve to be there.

Well, that is what I think of this book, seems like a lot of hatred, but that is not what was intended, I'm just very upset with this book, I had high expectations.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Glory Field.

01/23/2013 page 50
01/28/2013 page 72
19.0% "Still waiting for the teacher to say "No more reading this book." So I can burn it."
02/08/2013 page 83
22.0% ""
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Opal (new) - rated it 1 star

Opal Malone Why do teachers make us read this book? Do they just want us to fail the test?