Nigel's Reviews > Dark Hunter: The Chronicles of Galen Sword, Book 3

Dark Hunter by Judith Reeves-Stevens

M 50x66
Apr 04, 09

bookshelves: currently-reading

The 3rd volume in what is promised to be an extended series from Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens (who seem to make most of their crusts writing Star-Trek DS9 novels). This series is about Galen Sword, a powerless adept (or is he?) expelled from his 1st world Clan Pendragon into the 2nd World, our world, and his struggle to discover exactly who he is, why he was expelled from the 1st World, and how he can regain his clan (and magical powers, which everybody else but he seems to have). He's aided and abetted by a half-werewolf with the mind of a 6 year old, a Japanese-American girl who is also an engineering whiz-kid (and who hates him!) and a wheelchair-bound particle-physicist who was zapped by an enchantment and now talks with he aid of a computer (think Stephen Hawking). The pacy narrative is filled with encounters and brawls with Vampire clans, fighting Trolls, weird shape-shifters, werewolves, exotic weapons and magic crystals, and should be enough to satisfy even the most jaded appetite. this series is like none I have ever read, and I am already getting impatient waiting for the next tranche of books in the series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Hunter.