Danielle's Reviews > Handle with Care

Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult

F 50x66
Apr 04, 09

Read in March, 2009

I have really enjoyed some of Jodi Picoult's books, but like Jenny I haven't really enjoyed the last few very much. I think the reason is that they are getting very rote. Every book seems to be the same thing. Some child has some horrible thing happen to him or her be it some horrible disease or some bad event that somehow winds up creating a law suit that introduces a lawyer who has some deep dark secret haunting him or her. And also the law suit will wind up tearing apart the parents of said child. The small details are different. In this book it's a daughter born with osteogenesis imperfecta (i.e. brittle bone disease), the mother winding up suing her obstetrician who was also her best friend for wrongful birth, the husband disagreeing with the suit so causing major tension in their marriage, and a lawyer looking for her birth mother and dealing with her own feelings about being an unwanted child. It's pretty much like reading the same book over and over again. Unless her next book appears to follow a completely different ruberic I think I'll probably skip it.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Handle with Care.