Amanda's Reviews > Lover Awakened

Sep 23, 09

bookshelves: guilty-pleasures, vampires-etc
Read in September, 2009

Book #82 of 2009

Z's book is really the one I was jonsing to read. I saw an interview with J. R. Ward and she talked about this tortured warrior, and I just really wanted to read it.

I love Z. And I feel for him so much. I loved watching him come out from under the oppresive weight of his past. He was so childlike as he learned how to interact with Bella and his brothers, so sincere. There are scenes that stick with me where he takes care of Bella in the most extraordinary ways, putting her needs above his own hangups. There are so many subtle points that I want to go onto and talk about, but I don't want to give the plot away. I will say that probably my favorite line in the whole book was "This was his luckiest day ever."

After reading this, I went out and bought the black dagger brotherhood insider's guide so that I could read the short story with Z and Bella.

I did start to get angry with the brothers though. It seems that they were unintentionally peretuating Z's abuse. For a guy with hangups about being unclean and violated, it must reinforce his negative self image to have the rest of the guys always saying things like "ruined, not broken". Is it any wonder that the past still has a hold on him when his "family" acts like he is nothing more than the past that haunts him?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Awakened.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lara Wowza, you're burning right through these. I really enjoyed Z's book as well. Z and V. They're my favorites. Z, because of the transformation you finally get to see him have. V, because of so much more. And yeah, I just kind of love V.

Amanda Yeah- it feels fast, even for me. They kind of get to me and I get a little obsessed with finding out what happens next. I think I'm gonna like V too.