Rach's Reviews > P.S. I Love You

P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

Mar 28, 11

bookshelves: book-becomes-movie, ebook, made-me-cry, 2011
Read from March 26 to 28, 2011

A sweetly sad love story about a young woman who has lost her beloved husband. Holly is a strong woman, despite the mood swings that accompany her grief. Even having lost friends, I can only imagine what it must feel like to lose someone as close to you as a husband. I really felt her Holly and her family and friends, as they all struggled together to figure out how to go on with life after Gerry. In the end, as sad as it is, I think this one leaves you feeling at least a little hopeful.

Pretty much the only unrealistic parts to me were Holly's sudden and wonderful job at the magazine, for which she was inexplicably hired not because she had experience, but because the boss liked her, and the way her "romance" with Daniel was suddenly shifted from potential love interest to friend-only. It really felt like Ahern was building up the relationship between Holly and Daniel to be much more than friendship, so it was a little off-putting when Daniel gave up so easily. But then again, maybe that is more like real life. Oh well!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read P.S. I Love You.