DLanie's Reviews > The Ambushed Grand Jury: How the Justice Department Covered Up Government Nuclear Crime: And How We Caught Them Red Handed

The Ambushed Grand Jury by Wes McKinley

F 50x66
Apr 03, 09

Read in October, 2006

I learned from this book that all is not as it seems within The Department of Energy (Atomic Energy Commission) and its atomic endeavors. I learned that safety practices are ignored, employee safety is last on the list of priority, and cover up in the name of big money bonuses was high on the agenda. I learned that with respect to DOE and the nuclear complex, it's a pretty "small town" - a lot of the same players within the corporations responsible for the contamination and pollution of nuclear sites across the country, whose positions shift from various jobs within polluting corporations to politics and back again. I learned that Santa Susana Field Laboratory wasn't alone; Rocky Flats has had its share of environmental crimes and FBI Investigations that implicated Rockwell International and the Department of Energy, and injured the nearby residents, workers and environment. I also learned that it's possible to put a gag order on a Grand Jury to keep them from testifying to Congress, and the only way to get their story heard was for the head grand juror, Wes McKinley, to actually RUN FOR CONGRESS himself so that he would not be in violation of the gag order when he told his story of their findings. This book blew the top of my head off ... and led to my reading many more.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ambushed Grand Jury.