Bonny's Reviews > Anne of Green Gables

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

F 50x66
Oct 10, 10

bookshelves: canada, families, historical-fiction, relationships

I've enjoyed rereading Anne of Green Gables and the next book in the series, Anne of Avonlea. These are classic stories set on PEI. I never did read all of the books in the set, but maybe I'll read a few more as i find them.

That time as set in the stories was much simpler and more innocent than life now. Imagination was something that made you invent games to play, stories to tell and dreams to aspire to. Sometimes I wish for those times without television, cellphones and computers and electronic games.
I have a feeling people knew how to make their own happiness andwere much more content than they are now wth manufactures of electronic devices and adverts telling u what to buy and where to go to make us happy.

Simpler times for sure. Somehow I think some quality of life - real life - was lost as we progressed to viewing reality shows, hyped up hollywood movies and lives of idols and playing games that dictate our imaginations.

No wonder we're losing our identieties.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne of Green Gables.