Renamski's Reviews > Wicked: Witch & Curse

1943806
Apr 03, 09

it was ok
Read in March, 2009

This book started out ok. With many characters and motivations it had a lot of potential. The first book was a good introduction... lots of action, star-crossed lovers, evil bad guys to destroy. But, in the second book (this book is two in one), the story begins to unravel. The main character, Holly, loses momentum in the second book. Her story line just seems to plod along. One of the secondary characters, Nicole, is actually far more interesting in this book.

The second book lost me when Holly did something VERY out of character. ***SPOILER ALERT*** She kills an animal that loves and trusts her with absolutely no emotion and little cause or motivation.*** SPOILER OVER*** It's not the act itself that bothers me as much as the fact that it was way out of character. Nothing led up to her making such a deviation from what she would normally do. The story was ruined for me after that. :( It may pick up and get better, but integrity of characterization is the most important part of a story for me.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked.