Ollie's Reviews > Bewitch

Feb 21, 13

bookshelves: book-review-request, paranormal-romance, erotic-romance
Read from January 21 to February 21, 2013

Review by Ollie for BittenByParanormalRomance

I have been following the Vampire Erotic Theatre Romance series by Felicity E. Heaton since book 1 and I am never disappointed in the care that the author takes in describing in detail the interactions between the lead characters. In Bewitch the author give another fantastic story surrounding love, redemption, and most of all forgiveness.

Payne is half-vampire, half-incubus and he has never accepted his incubus side for some reason which we discover in the novel. I have to say I loved Payne. He has this bad boy vibe going on, but underneath the tough exterior is really a lost soul trying to find a place to fit in and a need to be loved. I was surprised learn about his history and the reason for his self-loathing which made me want to hug him, hold him and make him mine. It amazed me at times that he couldn't see how gorgeous he was not only on the outside, but also on the inside. He just couldn't see himself desirable only as an abomination unworthy of being loved. Oh Payne I love you!

Elissa on the other hand has her own share of pain, but she manages to tackle through obstacles in front of her to achieve her goals. I found Elissa to be a very spirited young witch who wouldn't back down from a challenge and what was right which made her a likable character. Though her doubts clouded her thinking at times she was able to get past them and see the truth: despite the dangers she couldn't stop herself from falling for Payne. I liked Elissa as she was exactly what Payne needed, a kind soul able to push him to where he needed to go in his journey of self-discovery without being very confrontational.

Together these two really burned up the pages, not only with hot steamy sexy scenes, but also with undeniable passion that neither could ignore. The love, the redemption and the forgiveness that was rewarded to each of them pulled at my heart-string and made me love how these two developed a deep understanding and connection for each other.

Now for all those Snow fans out there (including myself) we got a brief glimpse of him in this book, but what you see will make you ache for him and for his own happily ever after. However, you don't have to wait long as the next book in the series is Snow's and I know because of his tortured past it is going to be a tearjeaker. Don't miss out reading this book as you will be in for a delightful treat with a beautiful vampire/incubus willing to fight his basic urges to find out if he can have happiness in the arms of a witch.

4 Stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bewitch.