Linus's Reviews > The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, And Long-term Health

The China Study by T. Colin Campbell

Sep 10, 07

Recommended for: anyone wanting to be/stay/return to a healthy life
Read in September, 2007

Wow. What an impressive book! This book looks at what ails us and what is truly the cause. Based on well over 750 studies done over a 35 year period by various researchers, doctors, etc. it highlights the true cause of many of our cancers, diabetes, aches and pains: animal protein. This isn't a "vegan rules; meat eaters drool" kind of book. This is empirical data that proves that our diet overall and animal proteins specifically are the root cause for most of the diseases/ailments of affluence.

Additionally, this book looks at the effect and results of the various industries that depend on the continued promotion of animal proteins (e.g., dairy, meat, fish, politicians, drug industry, medical practises -- specifically surgery). It also highlights the misinterpretation of many researchers of the results of studies and using a reductionist view (i.e., pulling a single fact or point out of a study rather than looking at the whole; consider that many of our health headlines identify single causes/cures -- Vitamin C, alcohol, etc.)

At the least, read it to be informed. That's the biggest problem right now. It's not that hard to live healthy on a whole food, plant-based diet/lifestyle.
16 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The China Study.