Eileen's Reviews > Where'd You Go, Bernadette

F_50x66
Jan 21, 13

bookshelves: funny-or-entertaining
Read in January, 2013

If I could give this book ten stars I would! It was the most delightful, entertaining book that I had read in a long time! In fact, I would gladly reread again to savor the extremely funny passages. I highly recommend this book!

Even though the characters are wacky, I think most readers could identify with the cultures and personality quirks she depicts. Even though I never doubted that I was reading fiction, I could identify with the school culture of "every parent must volunteer so that their child can succeed." I could relate to the group think in corporate culture and the crazy world of techy firms. Who hasn't been able to recognize fake, judgemental people who are in their glass houses, throwing stones? Even though people were nasty, including the main character, the author displayed an undercurrent of love, caring, and redemption, including the transformation one of the meanest characters, Audrey Griffin.

I also enjoyed the twists and the surprise revelation about Bernadette's Internet friend, Manjula Kapoor. The pacing of the book was excellent!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where'd You Go, Bernadette.