Mimi's Reviews > Autism Is Not a Life Sentence: How One Family Took on Autism and WON!

Autism Is Not a Life Sentence by Lynley Summers

Jun 19, 09

bookshelves: currently-reading, autism
Read in February, 2009

This is hard to judge. It was a good book for her to write and testify her success but it's very confusing if this is the first book you read as a new parent of an autistic child. The really interesting part is that "Jazz" her daughter writes little afterwords after each chapter.

Her book was jumping all over the place. "she won't talk, which she later proved wrong when we lived in Japan and she learned to speak it fluently". And then she jumped back to a year where she refused to give her a drink until she said the word "juice" and you think...didn't she just learn Japanese? I could never follow her progress and improvements.

Very inspiring because she was a single parent with very little resources and time but the will of 3 men. I really admire her for her dedication and success in her daughter's life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Autism Is Not a Life Sentence.

04/02/2009 page 30
14.78% "Different from other books. Jazz explains how she felt when she was in "the Void""
show 1 hidden update…