Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Quagmire Fen

Author: Scott Harper
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services
Genre: Urban Fantasy/ small bit of PNR
Rating: Adult Themes but not Erotic
Length of book: Novella (252 KB)

Review:

I was not expecting too much when I got this novella but I was looking for something to fill a gap of a couple of hours. This story will grab you at page one and not let you go until the very end.

It is the somewhat sad story of Spencer who has the misfortune to be born to an abusive and cruel father. He has spent the vast majority of his life in the swamp although he seems to be a bit worldlier than that short background would make it appear.

The paranormal aspect of this story is original and done exceptionally well. The "swamp people" setting is perfect and lends credence to the things that happen (although probably more stereotype than factual).

Make no mistake, there is violence and suffering in this story but thankfully the author spared us the worst of it but shared enough to make sure you know who is evil and who richly deserves killing (yes my revenge junkie was well satisfied)

This is a great reading experience and I highly recommend it. 5 Stars for what it is, a short novella that reads like a novel and will stay with you. 5 *****:

Reviewed by: Douglas C. Meeks
Member of the Paranormal Romance Review Team
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quagmire Fen.