Rebecca's Reviews > Betrayal

Betrayal by Patricia Finney

Feb 28, 10

bookshelves: historical-fiction
Read in May, 2004

This is the second book in the Lady Grace Mysteries series, about Lady Grace Cavendish, a thirteen-year-old Maid of Honour at the court of Queen Elizabeth I.

When Lady Sarah, a fellow Maid of Honor to Queen Elizabeth I, disappears, apparently having eloped with the dashing young Captain Drake, thirteen-year-old Lady Grace Cavendish takes it upon herself to discover the truth of Lady Sarah's whereabouts. Her discoveries lead her to believe that rather than leaving of her own free will, Lady Sarah may have been kidnapped. Grace decides to disguise herself as a boy, and along with her friend Masou, a tumbler at the court, stows away aboard Captain Drake's ship in the hope of rescuing her, and finds herself facing a dangerous adventure.

I highly recommend this book to readers who enjoyed the first Lady Grace Mystery, as well as to new readers who enjoy reading a blend of historical fiction and mystery. I also really love the historical setting. I look forward to reading more of Grace's adventures in upcoming books in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayal.