Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Driving Mr. Dead

Driving Mr. Dead by Molly Harper

Jan 20, 13

Driving Mr. Dead (Half Moon Hollow, #1)Driving Mr. Dead by Molly Harper

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary:
Miranda Puckett has failed at every job she’s ever had. Her mother just wants her to come home, join the family law firm, and settle down with Jason, the perfect lawyer boyfriend. But when Jason turns out to be a lying cheater, Miranda seizes on a job that gets her out of town: long-distance vampire transportation.

Her first assignment is to drive vampire Collin Sutherland from Washington to sleepy Half Moon Hollow without incident—no small feat for a woman whom trouble seems to follow like a faithful hound dog! And she has to do it without letting her passenger—the most persnickety, stuffy, devastatingly handsome vamp she’s ever met—drive her crazy. As she and Collin find disaster on the roads, they also find an undeniable spark between them. Could Miranda have found the perfect job and the perfect guy for her?

Review:
Well I am not sure what I expected when I grabbed this title and started reading since I was just looking for something that would give me a break from the blood and violence of my normal PNR/UF reading (which I love but you need a break every now and then to maintain).

I am sure I did not expect this to be the funniest stand alone PNR book I ever read. It was all I could do not to wake “She Who Must Be Obeyed” with my laughter. It was that funny.

This is the story of Miranda who seems to have a superpower of chaos and bad luck combined with a job of ferrying Collin, an arrogant and fastidious vampire half way across the country in a vampire safe vehicle dubbed “The Batmobile”.

The chaotic events that follow combined with the hilarity of Molly Harper’s writing would be a winner in any story but the myriad subplots along the way combined with exceptional bad luck result in an exceptional novel that only the most heartless among you could dislike.

In the end it is a romantic story of perseverance in the face of unbelievable circumstances (hence the power of chaos and bad luck combined) and you will love it. 5 Stars with little if any reservation, this is not a literary masterpiece, it is pure entertainment done to perfection.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Driving Mr. Dead.