Michelle Rever's Reviews > Red-Headed Stepchild

Apr 01, 2009

bookshelves: paranormal, awesome-title
Read in May, 2009

Loved it!

Is there a delicate way to say this is like a Kim Harrison novel, only much better? The Rachel Morgan books are good, but they were never a perfect match for me, not in the way this book pleased me. I'm really stoked about this series -- at least the first book in the series.

Sabina Kane is half vampire/half mage, but has only lived in the world of the former, never giving thought to the other half of her heritage. The title refers not just to her red hair, a sign of vampire blood, but also to her second class citizen, never being completely embraced status in community that raised her. It refers to her desire to gain the approval of her grandmother, because it's not freely given to her.

The story concerns Sabina being sent to infiltrate the camp of a half-demon, half-vamp, and how doing this becomes the thing that in many ways frees her.

The author, Jaye Wells, has a knack for secondary characters. My favorite, and I'm going to assume the favorite of anyone with a sense of humor, is "Mr. Giggles" -- a demon who becomes her familiar and is occasionally a -- well, read it and see.

I found Sabina to be a likable and sympathetic character, even if occasionally she made dumb decisions, which characters in these types of books are contractually obligated to do anyhow.

I look forward to future books.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red-Headed Stepchild.

If it ain't good I don't read it ! Okey u all can't ovesliy read ???
This book is not only stupid it's also dumb the author can't write for shit did u all not see the story line it was AWSAME the book was great I loved it :)
Looool haaha I like doing a twist to my comments lol but anyways this book is still great I love that she can fight and can kick anyone's ass any day couse i dont like the chicks that just sit around waiting for fuckin prince charming to save there weak asses like come on are u serious bitch get up and fight !!! . Thnk god she wasnt that kind of character cause if she was I'd be ripping my eye sockets out right now that and she had a twiin sister I got to say I didn't in a million years see that coming I thought here dad was a very powerful Mage or something but a twin ??? !!! Yup total awsamness.
Also I am sorta sad that her romeeee died i was starting to like her .... Who I'm I kidding I loved her she was hilarious but the person I fell in love with from the beginning is the deman repufhul I think was he's name ?? I dont remember but I love that deman he is so freaken funny I died from the moment he said sorry after he shot her that was priceless and when he sat around on her couch ordering stuff off t.v killer i swear he was freakin funny anyway what I'm trying to say is I lovvvve thisss book but I can't seem to find any books like this so (drum rolls plz ) if u happen to now any book LIKE ThIS (key words) let me know and not books where the chick sits around for some shitty ass princes to swip her off her feet couse i swear if i read any more of those book Imma sue I seriously don't get why people read those kind of books like whats the point she can't fight for shit , no action in the book , same story line over and over again ( bitch gets herself into trouble prince charming over here who is by the way fuckin 300 400 years older then her Save her sorry mother fuckin ass and they live happily ever after like dude chill pedo alert age difference what the fuck where u thinking surly 400 year of living would have given u common since ?? Oh but who could blame him cause that's not all bitch over her nows the age difference but is MADLY in love ( u hoe ) and I thought the dude had issues nope oh wait that's not all then they fuck them selfs sense less then they come to the conclusion they need to get married blah bah then they live happily for a while after then some shit a excuse of a villain pops up and the dude fights him but miss hoe over her want to help .... gets caught by villain ( climax of the story ) prince charming saves her the fucken stupid ending . So if u read books like that save your selfs time couse This is exactly what the fuck happens in shitty books like this !! you only live once that you must now so go find something worth reading couse books like that are just stupid.

Okey u probably get the point so yeah ....

Oh and if u know any books that the main character is not a detactive beacouse that shit just piss me of those detactive walking around waving fuckin badges in ur face like what the fuck get that shitt outta me face bitch detactive my ass like u serious ??? Imma bout to serve ur head on a platter ! Mather fucker lets see u wave that shit it my face again !!
Lol plz feel free to rate\ add as a friend like who wouldnt lol ) oh and plz sent me a meggage if u have a book that has anything I just described in it thnx pce