Mary Louise 's Reviews > The Blue Sweater: Bridging the Gap Between Rich and Poor in an Interconnected World

The Blue Sweater by Jacqueline Novogratz

Apr 07, 09

Jacqueline Novogratz and Seth Godin gave review copies of this book to Triiibes members. What a blessing. When I am finished, I will pass it on to my favorite library at Bennington College in Vermont. Will you help me spread the word about this terrific book?

If you read one nonfiction book a year, make it this one. In an honest and fair narration of the current problems facing all charitable organizations that want to do good work, Novogratz will convince you that "patient capital" is the way to help others become self-sufficient around the world and therefore solve global poverty. If you are skitterish about giving to charities, or have a family member who wants to know how they can help change the lives of millions by an organization that is committed to helping a community learn how to become sustainable and live on their own, buy a copy of this book and see how vital this kind of giving is for all humanity. You'll understand why Seth Godin is a huge advocate of the Acumen Fund.

When you are finished reading it, give the book away to someone who needs to read it.

The Blue Sweater Website:

The Blue Sweater Facebook Page:

Acumen Fund Organization:
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blue Sweater.

Quotes Mary Louise Liked

Jacqueline Novogratz
“Though either choice was good, one was truer to myself... Ultimately, I reflected on Geothe's invocation to 'make a commitment and the forces of the universe will conspire to make it happen' and chose the uncharted path.”
Jacqueline Novogratz, The Blue Sweater: Bridging the Gap Between Rich and Poor in an Interconnected World